Thursday, July 21, 2011

Harry Potter, Japan Style!

Soooo, I finally saw Harry Potter Part II and I love it! Now that it's all over I'm kind of sad. It's like... I started reading the books and watching the movies when I was really young, and now it's all over. Kind of like how my youth is all over too. Irony I tell ya...


But anyways, the theater we went to is in "American Village", kind of a huge mall. It's got a lot of clothing stores and food places. And this HUGE ferris wheel that lights up at night.


The tickets were 1,100Y, soo about $15 or so... But so worth it. Thankfully the refreshments were cheap so I got caramel popcorn and melon soda. This is so opposite from the theaters on-base. The tickets on-base are so cheat and the food and drinks are so expensive.


Since it was off-base there were Japanese sub-titles at the bottom of the screen the whole time. Which kinda made me take my focus off the actual movie and on the symbols, ha.


I've decided that I like the off-base theaters more than the ones on base. It feels more like a theater than the military theaters do for some reason. I must go again! I don't think I'll ever get over these amazing movies and pieces of literature, which I feel is really symbolic of my childhood. Nothing wrong with a little magic though!




Last three pictures were taken from Marion, the wonderful friend that picked me up on Foster so I could experience the magical and magnificent HP!   http://classymassie87.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment